Tim Keller’s Full Endorsement Of Being Gay & Christian | Speaking Out on Living Out

Speaking Out on Living Out

The Apostle Paul warns us:

“For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.”
2 Corinthians 11:13-15

No warning has been more marginalized or flat out ignored by the professing, visible church than this one from our Lord’s great servant and apostle. There are many dangerous voices of error invading the church to condemn God’s Word on the clear, biblical truth regarding the sin of homosexuality. This blog post will focus on just one movement afoot that in its cleverness and subtlty has and will continue a full, frontal assault on God’s truth.

Sam Allberry, who identifies as “gay and Christian” and pastors St. Mary’s Church in Maidenhead UK (Pictured above), promotes the idea that one can be homosexual and Christian, and therefore must have inclusion in the Lord’s Church. The Word of the one, true God clearly proclaims otherwise:

“Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.  And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.”        1 Corinthians 6:9-11

Sam Allberry has established a ministry website that is solely devoted to the false teaching of “gay” Christianity; http://www.livingout.org/  While there are many prominent, professing evangelicals supporting Allberry and his ministry, none are as devoted to Allberry’s philosophy as the ever-popular Dr. Tim Keller, who has been behind the scenes quietly and cleverly pushing the same ideas for years promoting his powerless, non-transforming and false gospel. In June 2018 Allberry hosted a conference through his Living Out ministry with Keller as keynote speaker.

The conference was promoted with an Identity in Christ theme, but it was quite clear from the beginning that they have a far different agenda, as they promote the idea of ignoring the homosexual’s sexual preference (or “identity”) and focus instead on their “identity in Christ”.

The glaring problem is that there is no such thing as a Christian homosexual, therefore they have no identity in Christ.

They are self-deceived, lost souls in dire need of a faithful servant of Christ to come forward and proclaim boldly to them the all-powerful, transforming gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. The link below is the promo video for the conference featuring Tim Keller:

This conference team produced a list consisting of 10 points or questions they claim every church must get in line with in order to be “biblically inclusive.” They refer to this as an “audit” for every church: http://www.livingout.org/resources/the-living-out-church-audit

Articles regularly posted by Allberry and others on the LivingOut site demand inclusion by way of deceptive, clever language, as this excerpt from an article recently published on the site demonstrates:

Contributed By Sean Doherty

I became a Christian in my late teens, and not long after that I came to acknowledge that I was gay. I was committed to celibacy. At university I said I was gay, and I never experienced homophobic treatment from other Christians. This has convinced me that love and unconditional acceptance of gay people does not require approval of same-sex activity. Love and acceptance was my consistent experience. I was involved in the Christian Union in my university and I served on its ‘exec’ for a year, working alongside other young evangelicals who all knew I was gay and only ever treated me with great respect and affection. My evangelical college chaplain, also conservative about sexuality, strongly encouraged me to pursue ordination. I found the church to be a deeply supportive and affirming place. I was nurtured, given responsibility in ministry, and encouraged towards ordination. It is undeniable and indefensible that in the church there has been prejudice and even mistreatment of people because of their sexuality. But my experience has convinced me that this prejudice and mistreatment does not come from believing what the Bible says about marriage and sex.

Please note Doherty’s notion of “homophobia” in the church. It is just this type of nonsensical language that is regularly propagated in the articles and videos published by Living Out. Also note that the many “accepting” Christians Doherty claims to have encountered in college who never judged but instead respected and accepted him unconditionally, and with great affection, were not Christian at all, as the true believer walks in truth and will call a man to repentance:

“When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.”  Ezekiel 33:8-9

This conference illustrates just how cleverly deceptive this movement really is, as they manipulate the audience emotionally with heart wrenching testimonies between each and every session by “homosexual Christians” who have “decided” to be celibate for Christ, for which they surely deserve all the glory and applause!

Apparently, they do not need to be transformed by the supernatural gospel of the sacrifice of Christ, whereby they are regenerated and given a new heart that produces new desires. No, they wish instead to identify as homosexual Christians, who sacrifice daily by depriving themselves of their inner most sexual desire. What a bizarre concept in light of scripture:

Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. Therefore, if anyone be in Christ he is a new creature, old thigs have passed away, behold, all things become new. 1 Corinthians 5:16-17

The video excerpt below is comprised of one of the aforementioned testimonies and Keller’s closing remarks. He makes clear that these emotionally charged personal testimonies are every bit as important as any passage of scripture because they “capture the imagination”, which Keller teaches is an essential component of “genuine faith.” I think the Apostle Paul had a little something to say about man’s imagination:

“Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.” 2 Corinthians 10:5

Along with a heavy emphasis on an active imagination, Keller stressed the importance of thinking communally, the arts, JK Rowling, sociologist Glenn Harrison’s book on modern identity, Peter Berger’s philosophy on the sociology of knowledge and how relevant fiction really is in our understanding of theology…well, because it’s all “just too heady!”

He even goes so far as to insist that expository sermons really don’t help much to “change people’s identity”; he tells us pastors need to include more “artsy stuff” in order to affect real change. Dr. Timothy Keller clearly has no idea that the pastor isn’t “changing” anybody.

This conference was a travesty and this movement is widespread and dangerous. People are perishing under the weight of sin and the clever deception of false teaching by false pastors producing self-deceived, false converts. The false angel of light has entered the gates. Speak out and confront him.

Toni S. Brown

Read, watch & listen to more concerning Tim Keller, Sam Allberry & LivingOut – HERE

Learn More About Tim Keller – Click Here

Check Out Everything Bible Thumping Wingnut – HERE

Support BTWN – HERE

Follow BTWN on Twitter – HERE

Like Our Facebook Page – HERE

1. Darrel 1 week ago

To make continual excuses for any sin is to mock God, His Holiness, and His Righteous Judgment of every deed and thought of every man from Adam until the end of time. Especially heinous is to excuse the aberrant sins of a sexual nature and say that ‘God made me that way’ which, in effect, makes God approve of your sins, sanctions your evil thoughts, and your every deed as your entire life is a mockery of Him. There is no such thing as a “gay Christian”, which is a desperate attempt to circumvent the pending eternal damnation for all who refuse to repent of their sins all the while knowing what fate awaits them—the eternal fires of hell. The heterophobia is rampant in the queer community, scared to death their real sin will be exposed for what it is: the abomination of a wicked and evil person who refuses to repent of their sins. Instead of exhibiting genuine Christian fruit as a born again person (a real hatred for all sin and a repugnance for the things that once gave you pleasure) you seek to further indulge yourself in the pleasure of your choice and ignore the commands of God to crucify your own flesh DAILY by taking up your own cross and dying to yourself. If you do not take up your own cross you CANNOT BE HIS DISCIPLE! Luke 14:27 & 33 and 9:23-26. If you hold on to your favorite sin of homosexuality in any form or degree then you cannot be His disciple in any manner. To think so is self-delusion. Christ died and rose again to set His people free from the power of all sin, yet you want to hold onto your favorite lust and claim that the Holy God approves such behavior. HE DOES NOT!

• laurie 1 week ago

Amen Darrel – very well stated. The thrice holy God of all will NOT allow any to hold on to sin, whether it be in the heart or acted out. All who make excuses only prove they have never been born again by God, they play the ‘religion’ card in an attempt to quiet their conscience, which, if tarried in, will soon be seared. Being ‘turned over’ by God to your sins is a form of judgment, the blind do not get that.
      Praise the almighty, eternal, sovereign, righteous, thrice-holy God of heaven and earth for saving, to the uttermost, all He has chosen before the foundation of the world. Praise Him for His marvelous works! Praise Him for discernment! Praise Him for the MOST precious gift….eternal life with Him!

2. Author
    Toni Brown 1 week ago

Amen, Laurie. Proverbs 23:7 King James Version (KJV)
    7 For as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he!
    This is such a grievous movement as they cleverly separate their sin from all other sinful behavior and present their position as “the marginalized” who just love Jesus. But they do not know the real Christ- and the biblically ignorant church is going to fall for this to their own detriment, but the Lord’s true church is safe and will contend for the truth! Praise Him! Thanks for the link- I look forward to reading it over the weekend.

• laurie 1 week ago

Amen Toni – and we praise Him indeed for keeping us from such heinous error. We praise Him that we are NOT deluded as the unregenerate are – they seek to justify sin and make light of it. They hold to their ‘god of love’ and cast out the God of wrath, the thrice holy God that abhors sin, even in the heart. The God who always does what is right, who is just, and who MUST punish sin with His white hot wrath because HE IS HOLY HOLY HOLY.

Hope the link I gave edifies you

3. Laurie 1 week ago

Here is how Sam A. and other unregenerates are making excuses for their forbidden lust – by calling it ‘same sex attraction’. That is NOT what the Bible calls it at all – from Romans 1:27 ‘And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.’ Now, take note ‘burned in their lust’. That is the correct description of the homosexual desires. Words cannot accurately describe this insatiable, lustful burning passion they have for the same sex. It is NOT natural, and it is NOT an ‘attraction’. This abomination comes from a depraved mind, a mind that is useless and cannot think or do right, a reprobate, worthless mind. As previously mentioned, learn their language and deceptive techniques. Those with discernment will in fact see through this lie.

The bible commands sinners to repent, that includes your thought life as well. Just because you do not act out the filth that lies in your heart does NOT mean you are without sin. Christ taught this in Matthew 5:28, But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. The ‘heart’ includes the thought life. Any who agree with Sam A’s twisted distorted views need to repent.

4. Author
    Toni Brown 1 month ago

Hi Nicoletta, you are correct in saying that you can’t do anything…as scripture is clear that we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us Philippians 4:13. If you seek companionship or marriage, pray for it. If you seek to be content in singleness then pray for that. Pray. It is the power of God to all of us who believe. It is the same supernatural power that raised Christ from the grave…the same power that changed your heart. It is supernatural. Pray.

5. Author
    Toni Brown 1 month ago

Hi Nicoletta, you are correct when you say “I can’t do anything with that change…” scripture makes clear that it is Christ who empowers us thru the Holy Spirit. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me Philippians 4:13. Pray for the new desires of your heart, never cease to pray even when it seems redundant. Continue to lay your burden on him and he is faithful to intercede on your behalf. If you seek companionship or marriage ask God for it. God bless you, that in your own personal struggle you have not bought into the current homosexual apostasy in the visible church. Pray dear sister, for companionship or for contentment in singleness, whichever you desire. Pray.

6. Nicoletta 1 month ago

I left lesbianism 17 years ago. While my desires have changed, I can’t do anything with that change to move towards heterosexuality. I’ve never been asked out on a date by a man, and I think this detracts from people taking my testimony as an ex-lesbian seriously. What is your opinion of my situation?

7. […] is okay to be a celibate gay person–that God made them like that. (If you need proof, check here and […]

8. Author
    Toni Brown 1 month ago

Faith- Again, and as the article clearly confirms, Keller and Allberry are pushing celibate homosexuality whereby people keep their “gay” identity but do not act upon it. Blasphemy.

9. Author
    Toni Brown 2 months ago

Faith, With all due respect it is you who are deceived. Outrageously deceived. Homosexuality is a sin, just like murder or rape. Will we now begin to fully embrace HA’s?? Yes, Homicidal Attracted “Christians”? How about RA’s, Rape Attracted “Christians”? You know, those folks who really want to go out on Friday night and murder or rape someone but because Jesus doesn’t like it they will deprive themselves of “the deepest desire of the heart”. This is preposterous and you are just one of many who have swallowed the demonstrably false idea that homosexuality is a “special category of behavior that deserves special treatment”. Wrong. It is a disgusting sin that is disgusting in the sight of a Holy God, every bit as much as murder, rape or pedophilia. You need to get this. you said in your post that their use of Same Sex Attracted is just an innocuous term used for reference- Wrong! It is called language manipulation, and it is deliberately used for the purpose of subtle deception, as the term “homosexual Christian” is ridiculous, and they know this! Same sex attracted equals homosexual- so why bother with the word games…..answer: because it will go down a whole lot easier in the visible church. These folks and all who think like you are dangerous. You accused me of being bitter and having an axe to grind- you are correct. I am, outraged, and I mean outraged, that the all powerful, all transforming gospel of a supernatural savior is being reduced to this by people who call themselves “Christians” and as a result, the people GUILTY of this egregious sin are left with the ball and chain that ensalves them. Jesus frees the sinner, and anyone who is not free does not have Christ. A regenerate believer looks back in disgust and would never take on a sinful identity in the name of Christ. This is a wile of the devil being used to slowly get full acceptance of homosexuality into the church. Tim Keller has been pushing this for years and my expose’ of Keller has a section on homosexuality that illustrates this: http://www.judeonefour.com If you are a believer, repent of this error.

• Faith 1 month ago

You are making accusations which you cannot prove. How am I “dangerous” exactly? Do you not believe I have been regenerated? If I have already told you that I have been set free, then why would you doubt the power of Christ to free me? Did I ever claim that homosexuality was not a sin? You are the one twisting and putting words in my mouth, and distorting their words as well. The title of the article states TIM KELLER’S FULL ENDORSEMENT OF BEING GAY AND CHRISTIAN, but he does NOT endorse that! So who’s the one intentionally misleading people here? You clearly do not know anything about this man’s ministry or what he is doing. You are full of fear and suspicion, making accusations that are speculative and WRONG. I ought to know, because I have been delivered from this sin, with the help of their ministry. Are you going to refute what I am saying as a lie, when it is my testimony? I have overcome homosexuality by the blood of the Lamb and the word of my testimony, with the assistance of folks like Alberry and Keller. What exactly is YOUR contribution to those dealing with this sin??? The only fruit I see from you is rotten.

Although their wording may make you uncomfortable, their descriptions are merely to INFORM people, and to affirm the BIBLICAL PERSPECTIVE ON BEING CHRISTIAN AND GAY…. which is NOT AN ENDORSEMENT. You are INTERPRETING IT INCORRECTLY. Their website further says “We experience same-sex attraction and yet are committed to what the Bible clearly says, and what the church has always taught, about marriage and sex. We do not identify as gay Christians, preferring to use the term “same-sex attracted” (find out why)….” So clearly, you are mistaken! It is apparent that you are filled with pride, and bound by a religious spirit. Again, you make accusations which you cannot PROVE. I am LIVING PROOF that their ministry has helped me overcome this sin, so how are you going to refute me? You insinuate that they are leading people to perdition, but my experience with them has been the opposite, as evidenced by my conversion. It seems clear to me that you are the one sowing discord & division in the body of Christ with articles like this which are slanderous, and refuse to humble yourself before the Lord in your false witness. I have forwarded your article to Tim Keller and Sam Alberry , and hope that they address your falsehoods directly.

• Faith 1 month ago

PS – here is evidence to refute your false claims…. https://youtu.be/nWGUW1KBhso

• Faith 1 month ago

PPS – I have had a chance to cool down and reflect on this whole exchange. It seems to me there is a misunderstanding of communication and perception here. You interpret their semantics to endorse homosexuality, when in fact, the language on their site is used to label the SSA proclivity experienced by gays. I would say this is akin to language used by addicts in the process of overcoming. Sin is not marginalized, which is what you seem to believe… I have sent you the video evidence proving their stance. What more do you want? You’ve said we believe we are in a “special category of behavior that deserves special treatment”, but that is simply wrong. We have to deal with enough contempt from the gay community for our repentance without people like yourself in the church adding this kind of vitriol to our struggle and narrative. You add unnecessary weight to our pain, when Christ says His burden is light.

The apostle Paul says to “put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene talk from your mouth. Do not lie to one another, seeing that you have put off the old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge after the image of its creator.” (Colossians 3:8-10) I have not lied to you, nor is Sam Alberry or Tim Keller. But I will also not perpetuate malice or wrath on my end either, so I apologize for any contempt towards you. However, I still stand by my comments with regards to their ministry, and how they have helped me. I have no idea how you have helped anyone who is homosexual to overcome their sin, because you have never once offered that info. If you could perhaps share something that would confirm to me how your efforts have helped those in bondage, then maybe I could believe that your concerns are authentic, and not just an effort to tear down those who are trying to help others in ways that you do not understand. Jesus did say to “go and sin no more”, but remember he also told the accusers that “he who is without sin, cast the first stone”. There is a lot of stone throwing on this page, for no good reason, except maybe to justify one’s own sense of spiritual or moral authority.

10. Faith 2 months ago

As a believer who has been delivered from 30 years of the homosexual lifestyle and identity, I would like to affirm that the above article is misleading and bears false witness. The website Living Out clearly states that “We do NOT identify as gay Christians, preferring to use the term “same-sex attracted”… a vast distinction in understanding these identity issues, since the SSA term is basically just an innocuous term used for reference. This organization is a resource for those in the church wrestling with these feelings; Living Out serves as a bridge for fellowship with those seeking compassionate transition or conversion. It is NOT an endorsement for LGBT affirmation in the church, as this article claims. As someone who has been through the most intense & thorough transformation, I can state that Toni Brown is WRONG, or at the very least misinformed. She has no clue what she is talking about, and for some reason seems to have a bitter axe to grind. I’ve been around long enough to know which organizations are authentic and which ones are peddling subterfuge… and if anyone is cultivating deception, it is THIS site.

11. […] Listen as they address the highly controversial blog by Toni Brown, “Tim Keller’s Full. Endorses Being Gay & Christian.” […]

12. Author
    Toni Brown 3 months ago

Wake up “professing” Chrisitians….from the Living Out website:

“Sam, Sean and Ed serve as trustees of Living Out which is a UK Charity (No. 1165572). We are advised by a wider support group of same-sex attracted Christians and other friends.”

Case closed. There is no such thing as a “same-sex attracted” Christian, just as there is no adulterous Christian or homicidal Christian. They are self- deceived. This is a clever ploy to get a place in the church…once they get people comfy with this idea, they move on to step 2.

13. Tim Hurd 3 months ago

No man who desires homosexual relationships should be in any kind of ministry, period! Sam Allberry claims to be Gay (Same Sex attracted). His website subtitle is “Living out” the title of his website is “Christian & Gay”.

Throughout Sam’s material the terms gay & same sex attracted are used interchangeably and often together “Gay / Same Sex Attracted” Why? Because they mean the same thing.

Folks, Sam and Tim Keller are softening the wickedness of homosexuality to make it more acceptable in todays christian culture.

BTWN Episode 315 drops tomorrow August 27th. Listen as we address all the “Living Out” defenders and review “The Living Out Church Audit”

14. Jason Stephens 3 months ago

This article is full of slander and misrepresentation. Please remove it. Sam Allberry does not promote living a gay lifestyle as a Christian and that is very evident if you read his book “Is God anti-gay”. Christians can struggle with same-sex attraction in the same way that they struggle with other sinful thoughts but they do not practice sinful lifestyles. Sam’s book is very clear that any kind of sexual activity outside of a male-female marriage covenant is sin. He recognizes that this is a gospel issue and he himself gets the gospel right.

15. kurt Nelson 3 months ago

Speaking as one who the Lord Jesus Christ rescued from a life of active homosexuality, I understand – but do not agree with the driving force to be included “just as you are” in the church. Essentially, they want to keep part of their sin with them, even if it is just a “sin idendtity”. One of the hardest things during my first year was remembering to not say “I’m gay”. Unlike heterosexuals, sexual identity is so dominant in the homosexual culture, some from being proud and others just to get it out there so no one makes jokes. I think one of the best bible studies a person can do who has been saved from the bondage of homosexuality is on the topic of “in Christ”. It is amazing how many times those two words are used and when you write out all the verses placing your name in the verse – stating you are in Christ, I believe it the Holy Spirit can use that to help rewire some of those synapses of the world like it says in Romans 12:2. My life verse is 1 Corinthians 6:11, “And such WERE some of you. But you were WASHED, you were SANCTIFIED, you were JUSTIFIED in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. I lived for 50 years wanting to believe that homosexuality was just like any sin I could ask for forgiveness for. Thanks be to God who revealed himself to me in Ephesians Chapter 1. As a point of encouragement to others out there, God does not promise to make you heterosexual. That is not in the bible. But He does expect us to obey His word, and that means living a life of purity in thought and deed. Jesus even modeled this for us. As for your same-sex attraction, God can do anything and could eliminate it, but in my experience it remained. Over the years, as the Holy Spirit has sanctified me, it has somewhat diminished, but that does not mean I have stopped taking precautions to not put my self in potentially sinful situations, or allow my eye to lust in a situation. It is clear to me that it is ONLY and Totally the grace of God that preserves me and keeps me from going back to my sinful ways. And as I said in the first couple sentences, reading the Word of God is the way that the Holy Spirit transforms the mind of this new creation in Christ.

16. Søren Stidsen 3 months ago

Even though the christian will slowly, but unavoidably be changed into the likeness of Christ, this will not be completed on this earth, and he, who does not identify as a sinner iving under the grace of God, is not a true christian. As Martin Luther put it Simul justus et peccator, (At the same time sinner and righteous).

What I say is this: We must never accept sin as a part of us, that we should not strive to let the Spirit mortify, but if he chooses not to, it is non the less part of us. A homosexual, who becomes a christian, might stay homosexual for the rest of his life, just as he might stay inclined to get angry, envious or boasting. Pauls testimony in 2. corinthians 12,7 is, that he was struggling with his own pride, and that God did not take this temptation away from him. It was not mortified.

Should we accept homosexuals into our churches? Yes, we should.
    Should we demand, that they stop being homosexuals? No, we should not.
    We should maintain, that homosexuality is a lust to sin, that noone should take pride in or just accept in his life. We should support those struggling with temptations and show them the same mercy, that God does. If he can forgive, who are we not to?

• Kurt Nelson 3 months ago

Soren, my post is just above yours. As a believer who once was caught up in the bondage of homosexual activity, I disagree with some of your post, mainly on the terminology used. It is important to remember that Repentance (doing a 180 degree turn around on our sin) is a critcal component of becomming a Christian. In the case of homosexuals, that means no longer having sex, no longer having just an emotional relationship with a same-sex partner and to give this new life in Christ the opportunity to grow, it means eliminating the old social life, hangouts – pretty miuch most of what one did when he was gay. This was tuff for me, because it is not easy to fill in the void with new friendships and activities overnight. A homosexual who who becomes saved is NO LONGER a homosexual. That is no longer his identity, His identity is “in Christ” now and he might happen to still have same-sex attractions. God does not promise that he will make anyone who repents heterosexual, but He calls all men and women, married or single, to live in purity in thought and deed. Jesus himself modeled this for us. Even though we are new creatures in Christ filled with the Holy Spirit, we still have our sinful flesh, and a person may stumble and sin with homosexual activity. The key is for them to repent and confess it to a strong brother in the Lord, so that the devil does not use that individual sin as a doorway to chronic activity.. As to your comment about allowing in church, The proper way to make the statement you posted is “Should we allow any sinner attend our church? Yes. Should we allow active homosexuals join the church – NO. Paul addresses this in 1 Corinthians 5:1 where someone is sleeping with his step mother and Paul states they should be put out of the church. Should we allow Homosexuals who have repented of their sin and put their faith in Christ Jesus join the church as sinners saved by the grace of God, who happen to still have same-sex attraction? Yes indeed. These men need the fellowship of the body to establish new friendships, attend bible studies to fill their minds with the Word so the Holy Spirit cn rewire their thinking patterns. (Romans 12:2). Soren, we must be very careful when providing homosexuals with any assurance or information that is not in the bible. For years I went to seminars that taught why the verses in the bible were incorrect regarding homosexuality, and I desparately clinged to them because I loved God. But sadly, I would have gone to hell with those beliefs if I had not been born again. If we remember that Christ, who was equal to God, humbled himself and took the form of a man, and walked this earth as a man, setting aside his God powers, and relying on constant prayer to the Father and the Holy Spirit to be obedient and follow every letter of the law. He was mocked, people threw stones at him, and eventually beaten, crucified and buried. He gave up his prior form to take the form of a human to die as the perfect sacrifice for our sins. He loved us that much. Those of us who have been forgiven the sins of a lifetime of homosexuality have so much gratitude and love for Christ, for we know we were undeserving of His grace. When we allow active homosexuals to join the church, we discount what Christ has done for us, we allow active, non-repentant sin to exist in the body of Christ which is made up of many people who are all the temple of the Holy Spirit. It would pollute the body of Christ with sin. We can forgive a brother who slips in any sin just as Christ does when he confesses, but we canot forgive nor tolerate ongoing active homosexual sin ever in the body of Christ.

• Sue 2 months ago

Kurt, what a testimony, thank you for sharing!
        And more importantly, thank you for the truth of scripture🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
        Blessings brother

17. Lisa 3 months ago

Jesus gives no third alternative, whether cohabitation or some alternative construal of marriage. . . . Alter marriage, and you end up distorting a picture of the gospel itself. “ – Sam Allberry

The article in which Sam says this can be read here: https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/how-celibacy-can-fulfill-your-sexuality/

An article in which Sam Allberry defends and upholds the traditional view of marriage and states how the Gospel is good news for SSA men and women can be found here: https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/how-can-the-gospel-be-good-news-to-gays/

An article in which Sam Allberry states that our identity is not found in our sexuality, but rather it is in Christ, and he agrees with Living Out Ministries that the term “Gay Christian” is unhelpful as he he says in his book “Is God Anti-Gay?” And states that there is hope for change for all those SSA men and women who firmly root their identity in Christ can be listened to here: https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/you-are-not-your-sexuality/

Finally, Timothy Keller writes a graceful defense of the traditional view of marriage for his church here, in which he challenges those who would erode the Biblical teaching on marriage and sexuality is found on his church website here: https://www.redeemer.com/redeemer-report/article/the_bible_and_same_sex_relationships_a_review_article

18. J J1s 3 months ago

“Jesus gives no third alternative, whether cohabitation or some alternative construal of marriage. . . . Alter marriage, and you end up distorting a picture of the gospel itself. “ – Sam Allberry

19. Jason J 3 months ago

Living out Ministries clearly says they do not promote the idea of isentifying as a Gay christian: http://www.livingout.org/why-not-say-you-re-gay-

If anyone wishes to say that Sam Allberry or Timothy Keller promotes a gay lifestyle, they have seriously tried to mischaracterize them. Both men, throughout their websites, books, and sermons, defend and uphold the traditional view of marriage and sexuality.

20. ToniB 3 months ago

To understand the real danger here is to understand that all of the error that has overtaken the visible church entered in slowly, the devil never announces himself, or divulges his end game. First they get us to accept the idea that homosexuals are not given a new heart with new desires, hence they are accepted as same sex attracted Christians, their language not mine. Next thing you know they are being married in the churches and ordained as pastors. That is their goal. If they understood the sin of homosexuality they would not identify as SSA “Christians”. Don’t buy into their clever propaganda.

• Carol Berubee 3 months ago

ToniB, I get what you’re saying. Keep up the good work!

For those who don’t quite get what Toni is saying, consider this. I understand that all Christians still sin, but do we identify as “thieving Christians,” or “lying Christians,” or “adulterous Christians?” Why should there be a separate category of “homosexual Christians?” As long as the Christian who has SSA continues to identify as a “homosexual Christian,” he is denying that Christianity is a NEW CREATION.

Assuming that the person who identifies as “homosexual Christian” is really a Christian, he is giving ample ground to the “old man” and to Satan to continue to deceive him. The Christian is called upon to “put away” the old man and his ways, but by continuing to identify as SSA or homosexual, this command will be impossible. This “homosexual Christian” movement ignores Paul’s warnings and seeks to dance with the Devil instead.

21. Ron Warren 3 months ago

We need to be careful to make the distinction between the temptation of Jesus and fallen creatures. James 1:13-15 ESV “Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death.” James gives us the definition of the root of our sinfulness is when we are enticed by our own “desires.” We are not sinners because we sin, rather we sin because we are born with a “sinful nature” with sinful desires. However, Jesus did not have sinful nature, he was tempted not from within, but externally, yet without sin.

The point is that these sinful desires, which Homosexuality is one among a list of others, can be resisted and mortified by the Christian through the power of the Holy Spirit. This is the struggled of the Christian life (Gal 5, Rom 7). Why, because the Christian has a new heart, with new affections to love according to the spirit rather than the flesh.

In an interview with Michael Horton, from the White Horse Inn, Horton asks Allbery the following question. “You write, ‘Being Christian makes us no less likely to fall ill, face tragedy or experience insecurity. It’s not un-Christian to experience same-sex attraction any more than it is un-Christian to get sick. What marks us out as Christian is not that we never experience such things, but how we respond to them when we do.’ Have you had pushback from people on comments like that?”

Allbery answers, “It’s certainly an imperfect parallel. The point I was trying to make is that we should expect that we will be impacted as Christians by many aspects of the Fall. It would be peculiar if everything else was tainted by sin except for our sexual desires. My understanding is that all of our sexual desires are tainted by sin. No one has sexual desires that are exclusively pleasing to Christ. The fact that we have desires for people of the same gender is one manifestation of that.”

Allberry is not saying that his desires for the same sex are not sinful desires.

Horton continues, “Would you say that you’re not responsible for having those desires per se, but responsible for how you respond to those desires?”

Allberry answers, “I think so. I want to hold a couple of things in tension. As Christians, we make a distinction between temptation and sin. James 1 helps me because it reminds me that we don’t experience any kind of temptation that is something I can pin on somebody else. Those come from my own desires, and I need to take ownership of them. At the same time, in a sense, it’s not as if I have chosen to experience that form of temptation. I would be uncomfortable with the language of saying same-sex attraction is sin. It’s a form of temptation a temptation coming from within my heart and therefore I’m to resist it.”

I can understand that some Christians will have a problem with Allberry saying here that he is not comfortable saying “same-sex attraction is sin.” However, here he is making a distinction between our temptations from our own sinful desires and the willful act of sin for a Christian. He is only defining the struggle of the Christian life where the dominion of sin has been defeated by our union with Christ in his death, so that we will walk in newness of life. Is not the struggle of the Christian life a struggle between our own sinful desires from the flesh, and our desire to obey Jesus by the power of the Spirit? Our wills are determined by our greatest desire in any circumstance to sin or to resist the temptation to sin.

22. Ron Warren 3 months ago

23. Fergus 3 months ago

Ask yourself honestly; how has salvation changed your heart? As one hymn has it, I find myself: ‘No longer warmed by Satan’s fires, yet burned by unreformed desires’ – in other words my heart no longer warms to the things of Satan yet some of my desires remain unreformed. I am being sanctified, being reformed into the likeness of Jesus until one day I will see God. If you experience any form of sexual desire this is self evident. Do you lust? Do you look at people as you ought not? Stumble into porn? Do you ever have any form of impure sexual thought? – Answer those as truthfully as a saved sinner ought and you will say … yes! This is the issue facing saved sinners whose hearts and eyes always turned towards gay sex. They know that they are nothing apart from Christ, and believe his design for marriage is good and right, yet find sin still lurks in their hearts as it did in Paul’s who called himself the chief of sinners. Their Brothers and Sisters who are just as saved as they hold them to an impossible mark, expecting instantly and perfectly reformed desires. Living Out are only trying to help people realise that a Christian can hate the desires which are being sanctified still, whilst leaning and trusting on Jesus rather than on the nonsense currently spouted by British Secular culture in the name of tolerance and love. Oh wretched people that we are, who will save us from these bodies of death? Give Glory to God, through Jesus Christ our Saviour.

24. […] To continue reading, head over to the Bible Thumping Wingnut. […]

25. […] Sam Allberry ha establecido un sitio web ministerial dedicado exclusivamente a la enseñanza falsa del cristianismo “gay”; http://www.livingout.org Si bien hay muchos evangélicos prominentes y profesantes que apoyan a Allberry y su ministerio, ninguno está tan dedicado a la filosofía de Allberry como el siempre tan popular Dr. Tim Keller, que ha estado detrás de las escenas silenciosa e inteligentemente, impulsando y promoviendo las mismas ideas durante años. En junio de 2018, Allberry organizó esta conferencia a través de su ministerio Living Out , y como hemos visto, el Dr. Tim Keller fue su orador principal. (Fuente: http://biblethumpingwingnut.com/2018/08/24/tim-kellers-full-endorsement-of-being-gay-christian-speak&#8230😉 […]

26. Waldens 3 months ago

So to understand you correctly

If I know a brother is visiting a brothel or a gay bar
    I can still present myself in Church as long as I myself
    do not visit a brothel or a gay bar?

the sin is my brothers not mine, his problem?

• Waldens 3 months ago

I mean I can still present myself with this brother in Church worshipping together

27. waldens 3 months ago

At this upcoming conference in September 2018 Dr. John Macarthur will worship and pray with Dr. Timothy Keller.

By presenting himself at this conference with Dr. Timothy Keller does Dr. John Macarthur not give a tacit endorsement to Dr. Timothy Keller
    who is described and warned against in this article with 2 Cor 11v13-15 ?

• Samuel Thompson 3 months ago

No. Keller himself shouldn’t have associated with “Living Out”. But that doesn’t make him a Gospel-denying heretic himself.

Toni Brown 3 months ago

Samuel Thompson: After running head on into the theology of Dr. Tim Keller in a church plant I was a part of, I can say that Tim Keller is one of the most dangerous men in the visible church today, and not Christian at all. There is not enough space here to present the overwhelming evidence, but I have done so here: http://www.judeonefour.com. His greatest “gifts” are cleverness and emotional manipulation, and thru them he has been able to turn the truth on its head while remaining a respectable teacher in the eyes of so many. Keller epitomizes the Jude 1:4 warning to believers: “For certain men have crept in UNAWARES” – Paul warned us that the schemes of the devil are far more clever that we can know….I say Amen! Be warned.

• Matt 3 months ago

It would have been best if you would go through his web page to see where he stands. After reading this article and going over Allberys website, is to find this article to be untrue in so many ways.

He doesn’t even identify himself as gay. He rejects that.

Toni Brown 3 months ago

Matt – NO. Don’t drink the koolaid. The link you posted above is a post by Jonathan Berry? Not Sam Allberry…and from the article Jonathan says of himself: “I am, after all, exclusively attracted to those of the same-sex and always have been from as young as I can remember.” Clear enough! They cleverly refuse to identify by their admitted sexual preference (homosexual) preferring instead to get their identity in Christ so as to gain full acceptance into the Lord’s church- of which they will never be accepted by Christ. You need to learn their language and their deceptive techniques, lest you be swallowed up in the destruction of their error.