Marriage and the Family Part 1 – Episode #16
In This Episode…
01:10 – Segment 1
- The family structure is under attack today.
- The divorce rate in the church is just as high in the church as society
- This is professed believers
- Marriage – who should be at the center of it? It should be Jesus.
- God defines marriage as the union of one man and one woman.
- James references the statement of faith from our church and how we had to change it to respond to the cultural shift in definitions.
- Bill Nye the Science Guy buys into the new paradigm of definitions of gender
- The culture has changed its views on things so very quickly.
- Problems in marriage tend to arise from putting ourselves at the center of the marriage and not God.
15:09 – Segment 2
- John agrees with James!
- They begin the discussion of the role of husbands in the family.
- Ephesians 5 is discussed.
- The definition of marriage is connected to the gospel and the picture of Christ and the church.
- Husbands are discussed in the context of the Garden of Eden.
- That original sin turned the order of everything turned upside down.
33:56 – Segment 3
- What is the church’s role in a marriage?
- A brief discussion on love and how it is a verb, and not a feeling.
- The feelings of love comes from the verb.
- Church needs to be discipling people on how to be husbands and wives.
Scripture Discussed in the Show
- Genesis 2:24 Episode Verse
- Ephesians 5:22-31
Resources We Mentioned in the Show
- We used Scripture as our main resource. We also referenced the Articles of Faith from our church. You can visit our church website here.
Visit us and give us a ‘like’ on our Facebook page!
Episode Length 43:37
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next week for another episode.