Marriage and the Family Part 3 – Episode #18
In This Episode…
01:11 – Segment 1
- As a parent, we are to disciple our children/li>
- How does a Christian disciple unsaved children?
- Even unsaved, children are created in the likeness and image of God and have to be obedient.
- We should take an evangelistic role with our children, preaching the Gospel saved or not.
- We need to model the disciplines of the Christian life to our children.
- The motivation to get our kids to obey needs to be for God’s glory.
- We are not worthy of having our kids obey us. God is.
- Kids honor God by obeying their parents.
- As parents, we need to exhibit the grace that God shows us, but we need to make sure they understand there are consequences for our sin not out of anger.
- We need to make sure that the consequences are shown to be because of the sin, and not out of unforgiveness of the parent.
09:500 – Segment 2
- The branches move onto discussing discipline of children.
- We cannot discipline in anger.
- God disciplines the ones He loves and so should we.
16:39 – Segment 3
- The branches discuss making sure that your focus is on your family.
- Volunteer time in ministry cannot override your time in ministry with your family.
- The branches discuss distribution of roles in the household
Scripture Discussed in the Show
- Hebrews 12:10 – Episode Verse
- Proverbs 13:24
- Hebrews 12:7 and on
- 1 John 1:6-7 – While James never mentioned the address, he quoted the Scripture
Resources We Mentioned in the Show
- Voddie Baucham Ministries
- Ligonier Ministries
- Focus on the Family
- “Shepherding a Childs Heart” by Tedd Tripp
- “Parenting – 14 Gospel Principles that Can Radically Change Your Familiy” by Paul Tripp
Episode Length 26:06
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next week for another episode.
- You can leave us a comment below!