The Trinity – Episode #31
In This Episode…
- We return from our little hiatus. We are busy realigning our schedules so we can get back to bringing you edifying content every week. We come back talking about the Trinity.
- Why did we being the episode with the Athanasian Creed instead of Scripture?
- Early on, the Trinity was important. Christians are fiercely monotheistic, but we worship The Father, The Son, and The Spirit.
- The word Trinity is not in the Bible and Tertullian is credited as being the first to use the latin word trinity.
- These episodes are born of John C. reading while on vacation where he came up with questions for us to talk about on the podcast.
- Why is the Trinity important?
- This is how God has revealed himself in Scripture.
- Also, other doctrines rest on the Trinity.
- In discussion of the Three Persons of the Trinity, John uses a big word, Perichoresis.
- We come up with a good working definition of the Trinity using Systematic Theology by Louis Berkhoff.
- We begin looking at how we logically come to the doctrine of the Trinity. Did it being in the New Testament or the Old?
- A number of Scripture is read to come to the conclusion that the Father is God, Jesus is God, and the Spirit is God.
- We move on to distinguishing all Three Persons from Each Other.
Scripture Discussed in the Show
- James 2:19
- Philippians 1:2
- Titus 2:13
- Acts 5:3-4
- John 3:16
- John 16:10
- John 14:26
- 2 Corinthians 1:8-9
Resources We Mentioned in the Show
Visit us and give us a ‘like’ on our Facebook page and also, don’t forget to like this podcast below!
Episode Length 1:00:59
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next week!