Avoid These 13 Christian “Leaders”

Written By Steve Langella

In light of the recent SBC Resolution 9 fiasco. I think it’s safe to say that as responsible Christians who love the Gospel and the church, we need to start protecting God’s sheep by steering them away from people who refuse to sign the Statement on Social Justice and the Gospel due to their aggressive promotion of Critical Race Theory and Intersectionality. Todd Friel names names, and so will I.

I would steer people away from the following men, all who did not sign the statement, and all who either are aggressively promoting or are tolerating their leaders and peers who aggressively promote this heretical Cultural Marxist ideology.

We need to steer people away from the following men and anyone else who promotes Critical Race Theory and Intersectionality and are dividing the church:

Pastor Paul Tripp
Mark Dever of Capitol Hill Baptist Church and 9Marks.
Russell Moore the President of ERLC.
Jonathan Leeman of 9Marks.
Thabiti Anywabili, Pastor of Anacostia River Church.
David Platt, Pastor of McLean Bible Church.
Matthew Hall, Dean of Boyce College.
John Onwuchekwa, Pastor of Cornerstone Church
Curtis Wood of SBTS
Jarvis Williams of SBTS
Matt Chandler, Pastor of The Village Church.
Danny Aikin, President of SEBTS.
J.D. Greear, Pastor of The Summit Church and SBC President.

Pray for these men. I am not writing them off as heretics. They do have some very solid resources. And people can benefit from the works of these men. But it is a crap shoot and you just don’t know what they are going to say next.
Paul warned us about a little leaven. And I personally would not want to be responsible for introducing someone to these men only to find out that they embraced Critical Race Theory and Intersectionality.

These men once stood as stalwarts for Biblical truth. But now they are no longer trustworthy. You just don’t know what you might hear from these men. And to protect young believers from embracing false doctrines and ideologies, the only option that seems viable is to steer people away from these men and ministries until they repent.

Here are some better options for those who do not sympathize or buy into the heretical Critical Race Theory/Intersectionality/Social Justice Movement.

I would recommend the following ministries:

Founders Ministry as an alternative to 9Marks and the Gospel Coalition.

G3 Conference as an alternative to T4G.

I would also recommend the following pastors, authors, and teachers as an alternative to the men mentioned above:

Voddie Baucham
Tom Nettles
Conrad Mbewe
Paul Washer
Costi Hinn
Steve Lawson
JD Hall

And anyone else who adheres to sound doctrine and adamantly rejects Critical Race Theory/Intersectionality/Social Justice/Cultural Marxism. But as with all men, always practice discernment and listen with an open Bible.

Let’s pledge our alliance to Christ and His Gospel and not men and their false ideologies.

BibleThumpingWingnut

Hosts Tim and Len are a couple of regular guys who started their ministries on YouTube making videos defending the faith and dismantling the arguments of atheism, skepticism, cults and radical unbelief. The Bible Thumping Wingnut Podcast started April 1st of 2014 to encourage Christians to engage in apologetics, evangelism and polemics, and to equip them with the tools and resources to do so to the Glory of God.
  1. David 2 months ago

Flawed is the thought that people who don’t sign something, endorse it.

2. Nal 3 months ago

Thank you for the list. The heresy MUST be called out and corrected. Respect for your courage and conviction. The true church MUST stand with you, not cower in the corners. We know from history where silence leads.

3. SM 3 months ago

Further to my comment today on CRT, I should have said I would suggest cautious use of James Lindsay’s website New Discourses. Although not a professing Christian, he and others do a good job at ripping CRT apart to expose it’s vicious racism and anti-white appeasement of those who would, as they might see it “Right historical wrongs” and a whole lot more). Many good things are coming from lampooning of CRT by James and others, as well as scholarly and serious debate during the last year that I had not noticed before. James Lindsay writes in New Discourses, and is on Twitter at @ConceptualJames. I certainly recommend his very useful breakdown of Woke World and all its abuses of language and it’s attempt to subvert what remains of our Christian culture and heritage.

4. Cal 7 months ago

I have to say, I would not agree with the “lists of names” you state are more preferable, when they are not.

5. david charles 7 months ago

Go to church, love the people, read your Bible, trust God, grab your Bible trust your pastor. Leave off the celebrity-driven cult.

6. Amy Musick 8 months ago

I see a lot of Calvinists in your list.

7. CBM 8 months ago

“I am of Paul; I am of Cephas; I am of Dever; I am of JD Hall”
    is this really your solution to the problem?

8. Joy 9 months ago

It is very sad, to see a separation among these men. I personally listen to Pastor Platt, and helped me through my walk with God. However as social issues has risen or resurface here in north america, I was confused as why there he(ptr platt) standing, injecting CRT. I pray that every men may see what is happening within the body of Christ, only through the lens of the Word of God. And lay down all pride, and wrap humility within us. Not fall into false humility. In Jesus’ holy name.

9. Jim 2 years ago

Tim, read the resolution. There is nothing unbiblical in it. Stop being led down the primeose path of anger and dissension by those who claim a superior understanding. That is all.

10. Joe 2 years ago

Of course, knowing what “Critical Race Theory” and “Intersectionality” and how the dreaded 13 preach it are nowhere to be found.

Credibility score: 0.

• SM 3 months ago

Dear Joe, When examining whether a theology, sociology, or a theory of man-made origin can have any relevance, or should have any support during the preaching of God’s word, we need to understand what these things are. I would urge examination of the CRT and it’s related ‘intersectionality’ doctrine (and else besides) by reference to both non-Christian sources (which will verify Christian sources), and Christian teaching. If you believe CRT could be compatible with Biblical teaching, I feel you perhaps might need to re-examine what you know of both. Knowing from what minds the CRT came from will alert you to possible problems with it. The diabolical nature of the divisive, hatefulness and resentment engendered by the CRT is all the evidence I need to know that none of it could have been developed with the blessing of Almighty God. It is set to cause another deep rift in the modern world, especially the West, at a time when the darkness of some totalitarian empires needs to be pushed back, not given support as our civilization once again tries to tear itself apart with future race, false religion, and poverty wars. These WILL come, if we do not deal with CRT and it’s Marxism.

• Jeff Smith 3 months ago

Joe, your one-sentence comment is indecipherable. The second half of your sentence doesn’t know what the first half of your sentence was trying to say. Proofreading is always a good thing.

I can make these categorical statements (in case any of them apply to you or might enlighten you) :

1) Marxism is Satanic — and nothing less.

2) Anyone who is a Marxist has a diseased mind and is, to use Nostradomus’ line about Hitler, the enemy of the human race.

3) Critical Race Theory is Satanic — and nothing less.

4) Anyone who can’t see that CRT is Stanic and evil has no moral or spiritual discernment credibility whatsoever. In fact, any one who agrees with CRT is already a gonner : they are so far to the looney Left that there’s no hope for them. Only people who are already hyper-propagandized, fully indoctrinated Leftists agree with CRT.